Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Thu Sep 02 2004 06:25 AM
2AM Update

Noticed that "hurricane watches upgraded in morning to hurricane warnings". Two comments on that:

(1) it ain't slowing down as of right now. What I'm afraid of is that if it does slow down, it will do so over land.
(2) It will more than likely be upgraded at 5am (or maybe 8) because at the rate it's going, someone will be feeling hurricane conditions within 24 hours of 5am Friday morning.

I'm dreading the 5am update...won't be surprised with the winds, but the track is what's go me concerned. If it comes in further south, it may be able to go across Lake Okechobee, which would do absolutely nothing to bring down the winds, and that would not be a very good thing. For anyone.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center