Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Sep 02 2004 12:40 PM
Re: It Shifts Left

Scott, I think you would be fairly safe in a 1 story home, but I would board up windows and when it becomes really windy, find a safe haven such as a room that may not have windows. IF you don't have one of them, it is probably safe to say you might want to get in touch with the American Red Cross- and find a local shelter. Also, if you have a lot of trees surrounding your home, it is also advisable to find a location in your home that a tree wouldn't be able to hit, OR again, find a local shelter. These spawns of the devil AKA Hurricane Charley and Frances, are no joke!! Good luck and stay safe. Pray that my flight that I've had planned for 2 months now for my brothers wedding in NY doesn't get cancelled.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center