Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Sep 02 2004 12:56 PM
Re: Charley Lessons... the hard way.

this just keeps getting worse and worse. I've just today found this site so please forgive me if I am doing this wrong. We are in Kissimmee and were hit pretty hard with roof/pool screen damage with Charley and no power for over a week. I have my elderly parents and kids to think about so we planned on going to Clearwater to sisters tonight since my parents need electric for medical reasons.(my husband is in the AF in FWB so we have no helpful men around) Now it seems to be turning more toward Tampa too, and to makes matters worse we just got a call from Shands hospital in Gainesville that they want my dad up there asap as they found a massive infection in blood work and need to take out the battery and electrodes they put in his chest (the day Charly hit no less!)He recently had a DBS operation for parkinsons. Anyhow, I am so afraid we'll be stuck on the turnpike trying to get there and wish they'd just put him in a hospital here. Anyone know how bad the roads really are?
thanks for any help,advice
Alicia

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center