Londovir
(Weather Guru)
Thu Sep 02 2004 06:39 PM
Re: It Shifts Left

I don't have any concrete info, but I would have to say that flights out of Orlando will be grounded by 12 noon Sat. The track keeps wiggling a little here and there, but most of the guesses are eye coming ashore around 8am Sat morning on east coast, but keep in mind tropical force winds are far outward of that, meaning the airport will be hit with those sort of winds long before that. I just don't see the airport being open.

By the way, I'm working on a program in my spare time here waiting for hurricane tracking. Does anyone have sites that report hurricane model data and tracking information in text format for download? I know some people were looking at GFS feeds, though I don't know if those are public or not. If so, PM me so I can check them out. I'd love to have some way to pull live data from the web into the program without me having to go hunt them down from 2000 sources. Thanks...

Londovir

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center