LI Phil
(User)
Fri Sep 03 2004 06:09 AM
Re: hey jason..and Phil and NHC

>>> Jason what do you think of the models tending more NNW along the coast in the 0Z run. Havnt checked the Ukmet but Nogaps and GFS with ETA say this might parrel florida coast.

Hey scottsvb, missed you for a while.

Hopefully JK can answer that one...I'm not a met though. I did want to say, for the UMPTEENTH time...and the real mets can agree/disagree with me...this has been one of the most difficult (and remains that way) storms to predict/forecast. I've already bulked crow from my initial Hattaras forecast (thought that was more than a week ago and I never did gather the stones to refine it...always wishcasted it north and east...burned like the toast I get from my favorite diner).

At this point, and as a mod..I'm now out of the guesscasting game...refer to NWS. I will say it is a FL hit. That's as far as I'm willing to go.

I can only hope the present weakening trend continues but unfortunately...these are facts...ERC (Eyewall Replacement Cycle) probably complete...CAT IV strengthening probably on Friday...warm SSTs...low shear...NOT GOOD.

If I had a met degree I might make a forecast but I don't.

JK? ED? Clark? Even Kev or Mike or HF or Ribbit or Scottsvb what's the calll? I don't want to eat any more crow...quite frankly...I'm full!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center