Jeffmidtown
(Weather Guru)
Fri Sep 03 2004 12:56 PM
Re: Seems like they always.......

Back after a much needed break from the storm.....After reading some of the posts I have to feel that this is no time for complacency as this is still a very dangerous storm lurking in the Atlantic. I mean remember what only 90-100 mph winds did to Orlando during Charley and the winds for this storm are at 125mph still. Plus with the slow forward speed is something that no one really wanted to try to deal with and that is the immense amount of rain that this monster's gonna dump on S and C Florida.

Plus Atlanta is right in the cross hairs of a major flooding event to the north with the remnants of this monster.

I feel that the people who evac'd were very smart and I also think that people are still gun-shy over what happened with Charley too.

Just my .02 worth....

Also FYI, there are NO hotel rooms on I-75 available from Valdosta all the way to Dalton, Ga because of the evacuees, UGA and GT home openers, a sci-fi convention and other things. People are heading over to Alabama or SC to find rooms now.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center