Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Sep 03 2004 02:13 PM
Re: Frances Weakens a Bit

Dear Friends, I found this website when I was searching the web for info. I own a home in Jupiter and live in Dallas. Hopelessly far away, unable to secure the property, and from what I understand - impossibole to find labor and supplies even if I was there. Just a brief comment: For the most part this site is a wonderful clearinghouse of pics, images and noaa and nws info. My criticism? No one here knows what the hell they are talking about. Don't be offended.. because apparently either do the so-called "pro's" - weathermen and meteorologists who post here all day. Your doom and gloom forecasts took weeks and months off this reader's life - and while we still may not kow what's to come - I think you should evaluate your own prognostic skills before posting with such certainty in the future. "I'm sure it will head back to the WNW shortly" - "It looks like this is only temporary and will restrengthen to a CAT 4 maybe a weak CAT 5." At this hour, these predictions are wrong and wronger - and to borrow from the movie, the people who posted them are dumb and dumber. Stick to the facts, please.

Sorry to hear your house is going to be leveled. Read the site disclaimer before you make such an assinine comment.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center