DroopGB31
(Weather Guru)
Fri Sep 03 2004 12:27 PM
Re: Frances Weakens a Bit

IMO Her appearence on Visible satellite is looking better, I think we can all agree she is huge in size. I just heard recon. reported a pressure of 957, thats a 2mb drop and one of the islands recorded a pressure of 958mb, so I think she might have leveled off a bit. Also looking at the Satellite there doesnt appear to be as much shear undercutting the storm as was obvious yesterday. Basically Im gonna give her a shot at some re-intesification once the shear totally relaxes which should occur in 12 -18 hours. Also, for the people saying dry air is the problem, she has been in a dry enviroment her whole life, so I doubt that was the problem. Im gonna go with a Cat 3 maybe borderline Cat 4 at landfall. Just heard Nassau reported a wind gust of 87 MPH and their located quite a ways from the center. So this isnt a localized wind event by any means. My gut though is when she finally makes landfall, this will be more of a rain, battering waves, surge, and erosion problem with massive flooding possible much like Opal. For awhile I thought this was gonna be a wind machine but not so much now. But of course wind damage will still occur just not Extreme damage, I'll say Moderate to maybe Extensive. Well I need to go rest, I've been sick the last 2 days (No Im not just skipping school due to the storm! ) Frances sure aint makin me feel better.

Last thing, look west and see what other fun things we'll getta track as soon as Frances is done for. So much for the slow season. Also, here in Pensacola, waiting to see how much rain and wind I can get from Frances, as it will be my first time I've ever been directly effected by a hurricane YAY. Anyways stay safe and I hope everyone gets off the highways before she hits. Cheers

Look WEST? Is there something brewing in the GOM?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center