Rabbit
(Weather Master)
Fri Sep 03 2004 04:39 PM
Re: Frances Weakens a Bit

first off, as to my 105, I just checked it again, and it was in knots...

This storm is bringing to mind storms such as Opal, Bonnie, and Isabel--all were very intense hurricanes; all entrained dry air before landfall, and Isabel and Bonnie both stalled and underwent wind shear which disrupted the circulation, and none of these storms recovered:
Opal was 160, hit at 125
Bonnie was 120, hit at 100
Isabel was 160, hit at 105

I am not saying strengthening is impossible (nothing really seems impossible this year after last month), but it is very unlikely that Frances will strengthen much before landfall, especially back to 140; and it is still possible that it could weaken
my forecast: 105-110 mph between West Palm Beach and Daytona Beach

also, to all of you that are not registered, why not? if you make a mistake, you can fix it (ive made tons of typing mistakes ive had to correct)

(side note: does anyone else find it odd that there is West Palm Beach on the East Coast?)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center