LoisCane
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Fri Sep 03 2004 04:48 PM
Strengthening or not?

I've heard conflicting things on TV concerning this. Over the last hour or so people on tv have mentioned that the colored infared shows that the NW side of the storm seems to be building back in and maybe that is a sign the shear from the SW is weakening.

Watching a live loop and can see that indeed it seems deeper in color than before.

Local TV is hyping every feeder band that might pass through. Imagine up in West Palm they are watching the eye and not the feeder bands.

Thanks for all the HARD work and TIME given by people like Jason who are REAL METS and don't mean Met fans vs Yankee fans but working weather people who give of their time and usually enjoy talking to other weather friends on breaks from their own busy work. SNONUT for posting his thoughts when I am sure he has better things to do. And.. many of the amateur people on this site that I respect greatly.

Anyway.. like to hear more thoughts on the storm. Windy here but having blue skies for now til the next feeder band comes through.

The storm does look different now than it did before and for that person who made a comment about Miami.. well.. Let her rip.. we are ready as ready can be and .. I love Miami. Not as much as Key West but its one hell of a town, trust me on that.

Thanks for all the hard work keeping this site up. I really miss it when it goes down. Nice to see it up.

Bobbi

Well said bobbi, real met fans (if there are any left) suck.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center