Joe
(Storm Tracker)
Fri Sep 03 2004 05:45 PM
Re: reintensification and eyewall rebuilding project going on now

Well as some have noted it has moved more westward over past couple of hours, best bet is too just continue to watch this trend, given recent history of numerous jogs northward and westward. Remember slow moving storms do jog quite a bit.

Looking at latest shear and shear tendency maps theres still some healthy west and west southwest shear over the storm as upper level anticyclone is sitting south of FL over central and western Cuba. Although shear tendency shows a decreasing shear values between FL and northern Bahama islands. Thus theres a good chance this could strengthen some as it moves over this area "slowly''. I 'am thinking probaly cat 3 and landfall but this could easily be slightly stronger or weaker so I'am taking middle classification for now. I'am sticking with landfall south of cape and north Jupiter Inlet although recent movement westward will need to be watched closely...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center