Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Sep 03 2004 02:50 PM
Re: MLB HLS

Did Vipir predict the sudden gig that brought Charley on shore at Punta Gorda or are they just blowing smoke up their own A$$e$ ? here in Tampa it seems they cant go 20 seconds without running their little commercial stating they were first. I don't remember particularly them being the leader.....

I am new to all this, still a hurricane virgin so to speak, but I can't help noticing that all predictors, professional and amateur tend to bend the potential track towards their own location. It was especially noticeable this morning on the radio when the DJ went to weather men in the different cities that the show is syndicated. Those in Miami had the storm heading due W, Tampa followed the NHC, straight through the middle of their market, and Jacksonville had it hugging the coast and coming ashore just south of them, even Atlanta had the storm dumping rain all over them. I don't mean this as criticism, its just an observation, but it seems there is some kind of perverse need to bring the storm closer to ones location, I thought perhaps that it might be just the media trying to sensationalize, but the same kind of thing happens here too.

Great site BTW, I am waiting for my ID to be processed

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center