LI Phil
(User)
Fri Sep 03 2004 07:56 PM
Re: Frances now stationary!

Hey, all

Back...several attempts to log on today resulted in sqrll denials...I think Mike fixed that (Again...you da man).

For some reason it seems like some of us are treating the apparent weakening trend as a bad thing...hello...THIS IS STILL A MAJOR STORM. Someone (many) are going to see a whole world of hurt regardless...down to 105mph...that's A GOOD THING. The Bahamas are being ripped to shrederines, lets hope that doesn't happen to FL.

ATTM, who cares who got the track right as long as this storm is being weakened? I'd rather have the wrong track but the right wind speed. We may be witnessing a minor miracle. Don't jinx it (as if you could). Who wouldn't take a CAT II ATTM if given that option yesterday? This is a good thing...this weakening trend...everyone pray it lasts.

Someone is still going to see 10+" of rain and big time winds, but hopefully not along Charley's scale.

105+ MPH is not a joke, so this is not to make light of this storm...however...yesterday the experts were saying CAT IV at landfall...no way she ramps back up that high now...thank god...(she owes me).

STILL, everyone be safe and be smart...this just may back off enough to spare catastrophic damage...let's all pray it does...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center