recmod
(Weather Guru)
Sat Sep 04 2004 04:10 PM
Re: South Jog!

No...Just look at the long range radar loop from Melbourne...

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/radar/loop/DS.p20-r/si.kmlb.shtml

It's very obvious there has been no southward drift. The eye DOES appear to be tightening up...and nearly stationary. If anything, I can detect a POSSIBLE very slow NW drift beginning. But, this is difficult to ascertain since the eye structure continues to evolve.

As for that 3rd rainband coming through the Orlando area (see my previous post)....that was by far the most intense. The rain was torrential for about 15 minutes with very high winds. We are now back to a breezy situation with light drizzle....the sky remains fairly dark and onimous. I have another large tree limb lying on the remains of my fence (damaged heavily by Charley).

The power went out for a few minutes, but has returned.

More posts to come, power permitting.

--Lou

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center