AgentB
(Weather Guru)
Sat Sep 04 2004 09:24 PM
Re: Frances to Move Slowly Across Florida Tomorrow

Glad to see the site back up, this place is great.

Frances has moved more west than north from 2AM to 2PM. She's moved .5 degrees north and 1.0 degrees west. Her current position puts her off the coast, between West Palm and Hobe Sobe. Here in Ormond I still haven't seen any rain from this system, though I know it's on the way. Even the wind, which has picked up this afternoon isn't too bad at all either. While it does appear to be stationary I think it's still drifting just a little north of due west. We'll see with the 5pm update exactly how much, if at all, it's moved from 2pm. To me it looks like the eye wall, or what's left of it, is just off the coast of the Martin/Palm Beach County border. Personally I see it drifting onshore just north of West Palm. Also, those deep reds that were surrounding the innercircle not too long ago have dissipated and all I see are oranges, yellows and blues. While it may strengthen a bit because it's stationary I still don't see it getting anywhere to what it once was. Obviously this is just my opinion, as anything can happen. Phil feel free to ask any questions about the waves as I've grown up surfing and have a decent handle on what goes on out there in the ocean.

Update-As of 5pm Frances HAS drifted on a due west track. She moved 0 degrees north and .3 degrees west. More drifting like that and she will make landfall right along the Palm Beach/Martin County border.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center