Clark
(Meteorologist)
Wed Sep 08 2004 09:53 PM
Re: Back and Tracking Ivan

Ah, nice to see the site back. Ivan's a monster out there....yet also a beautiful storm to behold. Certainly strengthening tonight, I don't think we'll see any bump in the winds at 11pm -- but tomorrow is another story. The turn north hasn't happened yet, which is actually a bad thing for the US (unless it never does turn north).

I'll have more on Friday for you all about the storm, but everyone in the Gulf needs to watch this. Most model guidance says eastern Gulf, but those from Biloxi west need to be watching it too. If pressed for an asnwer though, Florida is the most likely spot...again. This time, probably the panhandle, most likely the western panhandle, but I'll have the chance to look at it more by then and narrow things down. Until then...just sit back and watch -- and if you are on the coast, it wouldn't hurt to get prepared now, as three days from landfall, people will be going crazy getting ready considering what this year has already brought.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center