Bev
(Weather Guru)
Thu Sep 09 2004 03:15 AM
Re: Near-Category 5 Hurricane Ivan in the Caribbean Sea

Okay listen here, Ivan. The Gulf Coast has had ENOUGH rain, winds, and warnings to last us for the next 50 years. Sit and spin you squally bastard until there's no spin left in you. Die. Die fast, die painfully, just die. Okay that was my wishcast, folks.

I used to love hurricanes. Well not the effects, but I used to love to watch them come and go, meander, wind, twist, strengthen, weaken, everything. I have been watching, plotting, and enjoying their antics since my first experience with one as a child in Naples, FL. But right now, I'm tired. I'm tired of cleaning up. I'm tired of plotting, I'm tired of worrying.

Between myself and my parents through both hurricanes Charley and Frances we have lost: In Abaco, a dock, shed, all vegetation inundated with salt water, a porch, half a roof, and massive flooding. In Arcadia, 1/4 of a roof, 7 large oaks, a barn, a shed, all fencing, a hunting cabin (split in half right down the middle. Odd looking! Had to get that info aerial, can't even get in there for so many trees down and so much water.) We've lost crops in both FL and TN due to the flooding. In Palmetto, all canvas from out boat ripped to shreds, but she's still floating!

Yes, we feel blessed to have our lives, but I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't "three strikes and you're out".

I don't think I'll ride this one out if it comes folks. I felt the floor rise up and go down under me during Charley's ride through Arcadia. I don't think I can do it again. I'm renaming Ivan.

I-Van-Outta-Here

-Bev

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center