Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Thu Sep 09 2004 04:24 PM
Re: Near-Category 5 Hurricane Ivan in the Caribbean Sea

Hi Lake Toho-Kiss,
I am in Kissimmee too. Do you mind if I ask who your insurance is with? I'm just curious as mine(state farm) havent been here YET from Charley. They were supposed to finally come last thurs but they cancelled due to the evacs, etc with Frances. I had heard the things about the double deductible so I was kinda sorta relieved, but I am still so scared as to what they will say when they finally DO get here. We lost alot of shingles right down to the wood so my brother in law put tarps up right after Charley, but that kept ripping and blowing down during those fierce daily storms in the days following.(AHHHH here comes one now as I type!) It was leaking so badly that in some places it was coming down in a constant stream and the ceilings were getting cracks. Since the garage ceiling already caved in the day after Charley hit we were scared the rooms with leaks would be next so I caved in and got a roofer out here to put up Tar paper that cost $750! I asked a few neighbors what they paid and all said $1000 so that figure didnt blow my mind although my husband was really po'ed at me.(he's in the AF up in FWB) Of course some of that came off during Frances ands its leaking badly in some spots again and I am waiting for the roofers to come back out. Not sure how much they'll charge this time, but I am just so worn out from all this I dont care! Do you know anyone who has had results with their insurance company? I am just so afraid they wont cover all the damage or say it isnt as bad as it is.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center