Wxwatcher2
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Sep 11 2004 04:42 AM
Re: Ivan Likely to Landfall in Jamaica Overnight as a Category 5 Hurricane

Quote:

one more thing...ifTom Terry didn't really say that then i'm all wrong about the whole thing. i respect him and really think he's good. of all the local stations i watch his is the one i choose over the others. that being said, i will still trust the NHC over anyone else no matter how qualified they may be.

Agree with you about NHC. They are the ones to take heed of. Tom Terry got my kudos for Charley. He was the best of the best. I think durning Frances his ego showed just a bit but over all He is "the" weather guru in the Orlando area.

Will sign off soon for the night.
Best of luck to our friends in Jamaica. Its a rough night for that island.

I'm agreeing with most here who are thinking a central florida West coast landfall is the target area.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center