Londovir
(Weather Guru)
Sat Sep 11 2004 01:51 AM
Re: Canadian Shifts West too

You can find Cuban radar (when it's available), at Cuban Radar

I am having trouble getting in to their site, so it's probably being overwhelmed with traffic from the net.

Just one comment about the FSU model. I agree with others on this one. If it's patented, they are legally protected from people stealing their proprietary system. There's little reason to keep the data so restricted from the general public - and less reason to keep the data from college degree'd professional meteorologists without hefty $30K price tags. I can maybe understand not letting Joe Public see it, as people without knowing about models may believe in an experimental model over the official, professional NHC directives. But to keep folks like JK (great initials, by the way, same as mine, heck, same first name even), Clark, etc from having access without the big money is ludicrous. Patent it, protect it, and keep getting your money from the government. It's things like this that start conspiracy theories...

Just to have some value to my post, don't forget you can also check buoys in the Caribbean at Buoy Reports Grand Cayman is starting to get gusty winds, according to the most recent buoy reports.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center