tenavilla
(Weather Hobbyist)
Sat Sep 11 2004 07:17 PM
Re: Hurricane Ivan Agian Category Five

Maybe in my ignorance I phrased it wrong. What they showed was I believe the jet stream shifting south behind a trough of dry air (again terminology may be wrong). You could distinctly see the dry air, and behind it a bunch of stuff moving quickly south, currently over OK and that general area. They said (heard something about it on TWC as well) that when the hurricane got to it, it would "pick it up" and that's what would carry it NE. Question is where it will be when it meets up with Ivan.

With respect to winning, I'm only referring to what gets to the gulf first, not who gets hit. I'm in Tampa, and we for sure don't need it here, there wouldn't be much of a downtown above water.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center