tikibar
(Verified CFHC User)
Sun Sep 12 2004 06:55 PM
Re: Ivan Misses a Direct hit on the Caymans to the South

Hi.... It may say new subscriber to the left, but I just forgot my old user name and pass. I haven't been here for two years since moving from Delray Bch to Wisconsin. I think I used to be known as Red Dawg.....maybe....???

Been lurking lots this season, though.....

I'm gonna step out on a limb since I see everyones forecasts of landfall moving further and further west along the gulf coast.

I just don't see it. and some of the right-side outlying models are starting to back me up.

Sure the cat 4 & 5 can bull its way through as we've been seeing, but, I think, once the sheer kicks in Ivan will become more and more suseptible to steering influences.

Ultimately, I see the big hook coming thats gonna whip him back towards the peninsula...... and a landfall at about Cedar Key to Clearwater.

Just my hunch based on my observations<-worth 2 centavos

Disclaimer: I'm not a met. Never claimed to be one. Base all your decisions on official products of the NHC.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center