Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Sun Sep 12 2004 08:16 PM
Re: Ivan Misses a Direct hit on the Caymans to the South

Quote:

Fortunately, nothing else is popping up out there. (knocking on wood)

At least in this neck of the woods, there isn't any wood to knock on.

I'll probably sound like a broken record since I just came on (it's football season, too!) but I have to tell you that at this point, I wouldn't bet my life savings on Central Florida avoiding a miss, even it's 50 miles offshore. I've noticed in the last couple of discussions (since 11 last night) that they are keeping the track to the east of model guidance. It also looks like some of the models are now shifting a *tad* back to the right again, but I would think that they would wait for some more consistent runs before putting some of the central peninsula back into the cone.

Keep in mind that I am not a met and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, either. Although that might not be a bad idea because at least I might get some sleep.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center