Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sun Sep 12 2004 05:36 PM
Re: Something to consider....

I'm very impressed. This is about Jason from WJHG website http://www.wjhg.com/station/bios/weather/474432.html: Born and raised in west Alabama, Jason Kelley has known since a very young age that meteorology was his destiny. Jason was three years old during the SuperOutbreak on April 3 and 4, 1974, the largest outbreak of Tornadoes in US history.

"I remember quite clearly the weather that day, in fact, it is the only clear memory I have from that age. It made quite an impression on me that carries on to this day".

Jason attended the University of Alabama and the Broadcast Meteorology Program on campus at Mississippi State. Upon completion at MSU, he began his broadcasting career as Chief Meteorologist at WABG-TV, the ABC affiliate in Greenville, MS. Four years later he left TV for a while to work in several capacities at Baron Services in Huntsville, AL. Baron is the leading supplier of Doppler Radar and displays for the Broadcast industry, and Jason was one of the designers of the VIPIR system (which is in use at WJHG!).

Jason also served and continues to serve as a teacher and lecturer of Doppler radar interpretation and severe weather forecasting at conferences across the country. After Baron, Jason made his way to WJHG in the spring of 1999.

Jason is a licensed Amateur Radio operator (KC5JEA) and also teaches classes at Gulf Coast Community College in its Lifelong Learning department. He is a true geek, with interests in computers and home theater equipment. He also leads his Sunday School class at Woodlawn United Methodist Church.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center