Marknole
(Weather Watcher)
Sun Sep 12 2004 08:27 PM
Re: Interesting comment from a New Orleans Met on the FSU SE

With repeated westward movement of the guidance, even this dramatic shift isn't too surprising after NHC mentioned the erosion of the ridge @ 90 W. Even as an FSU grad, I noticed that the SE was password protected. (What did my tuition buy me anyway?).

Possibly bad news for coastal MS and Greater N.O., but it still seems to be a dynamic situation (even a possible brush with the Yucatan?). I'm wondering about the intensity forecasts. Even two days ago, moderate shear in the Gulf was cited as a reason to hope for weakening (even if only to Cat. 3). The latest only mentioned cold water upwelling for this forecast. Is the shear no longer in play, and with SST's around 82-85 F, is this realistic?

Thanks to all. I just found this page, and will continue to monitor...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center