Jeffmidtown
(Weather Guru)
Sun Sep 12 2004 11:07 PM
Re: Ivan Category 5 Again

Didnt know we had a new thread posted, but Mike raises some very cogent points about inland Ivan...

The latest cone puts NoLa in play albeit on the western side, and to be honest that freaks me out. I do think a landfall between the PCB and Biloxi is my prediction, but I'm no meterologist, I just played one on TV.....

Secondly, the inland track puts TS Ivan right over the Gold Dome in Downtown Atlanta right at rush hour...Urgh!

I'll place a wager that the local mets will be comparing the flooding in Georgia from Ivan to the flooding from Hurricane Opal

Just also heard a report on WSB-TV and they said that at least 50% of the homes on Grand Cayman were damaged...

Pray for our neighbors to the south and for those who are in the bullseye in the track of Ivan....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center