MikeCAdministrator
(Admin)
Mon Sep 13 2004 01:36 PM
Re: Your favorite taboo topic...

Quote:

Did you see the Dynagel thread on Storm2k? Not sure if this link will work, but I'll try.... Boy, this place is sure better than they are!!!!!

http://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewtopic....eb22608f32cf757

I want to comment on this real quick because it probably needs to be said. Storm2k is a fine board, they came from the beginnings through the palm beach post when they had a hurricane board. I've got a different approach than them but I don't think either one is better than the other.

As long as information gets out and people can discuss it I could care less (You gotta link I'll link it). It's not a competition of any sort, the only thing that matters is that folks can learn about hurricanes and better protect themselves by seeing varied opinions and discussions. That's the gist of it--the more the merrier in gathering facts and discussions to be better informed.

By the way Ivan Volume I on the main page article is so good I'm going to leave it up longer today.

I do want to add that it's not quite time to drop your guard in Central Florida. I'd wait until Ivan is fully in the gulf and moving solidly before that. If the high near Florida retreats away, then it could head back to the west coast of Florida. Not likely, but still worthy enough to to drop your guard.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center