Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Sep 13 2004 12:46 PM
Re: Ivan Category 5 Again

I have been reading and using the site since Charley, which caught us all off guard here in Tampa and Orlando, and it is a great source for info. However, I would have to agree with some- I don't know why, but I just have a bad feeling about this storm. I have said it since Day 1 that Tampa was going to feel the effects in a bad way, and I have been watching the radar and tracking the storm and checking out the currents and flows, and I can obviously see the projections and all, but I STILL just cannot shake the feeling that we are still in trouble here on the Central West coast. I admittedly don't know a HUGE amount about hurricane forecasting, but I am a grad student at USF studying climatology, and I DO know that this thing is unreal and unpredictable- I have researched a lot about the past storms and weather patterns, and I won't be satisfied until it is off in the northern US somewhere as a pitiful rain cloud. So everyone please just keep checking out the Internet and news and be careful! Hopefully, this ominous feeling will disappear soon, as I SURELY don't want to go through yet another horrible storm!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center