doug
(Weather Analyst)
Mon Sep 13 2004 04:58 PM
Re: Ivan Category 5 Again

Please do not panic...while it is wise to be cautious and even suspicious of movements we think we see in the storm from Sat pics ( I do this type of analysis more than most by the way) it is also prudent to let the professionals tells us what is going on..Sat pics are taken at different angels and often have time and orientation difficulties. If a trend is seen in them for several hours then that is probably noteworthy. .NHC has been pretty good generally this season (note I've backed off on my unequivocal endorsement posted last week). Forecaster Stewart's discussion at 11 a.m.said it all and there is reason for caution and increased diligence along the entire west coast of Florida, as the closer it actually may come the more effects we will see. However there is no reason for warnings or the like yet. Admittedly if and when they are posted it will be a very short time period before conditions consistent with the warnngs are experienced (24hrs or so)..
That is why cautious preparation is the best bet, IMO.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center