Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Sep 13 2004 03:21 PM
Re: model shifts

Where I work (Kennedy Space Center) we have closed circuit; a limited suply of channles, including KSC TV and what I gather is KSC's weather TV. Anyway, one cool feature is a channel with sat images looped. It cahnges form local to a wider view etc. One shows Ivan with the forecast track super imposed over it (drawn as a line, not just forcasted points). Ivan apperas to be a bit to the right of the forecasted track.

I mentioned this same feature with Charlie back when he started trending more to the right. Was much easier to view on the tv than the pc.

A few more hours ofthis need to happen before its a real deviation of a track. But, it does appear to be more straight forward than a woble.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center