rickonboat
(Weather Hobbyist)
Mon Sep 13 2004 07:58 PM
Re: accuwx track...rick better have the boat on dry land 2 states away

Hey, if it hits here..I've got insurance. Just got back from Nashville, delivering a Mercedes...and now I gotta do something with this boat. Here's what I'll do...double line the boat on all sides....throw some more bumpers on the sides....and come back to see what's left. My neighbor and his wife took off up the Mobile River about 20 miles...and are gonna tie up to some cypress trees and all..then abandon ship..and see if it is still there...after Ivan comes calling.

If it hits Mobile as a cat 4-5....nothing I do to prepare will help...the storm surge would be 20'...and that with the winds..oh well...

just looking at the loops.....just slightly north of nw...definitely not a trend to nnw...but once it starts heading due north...anyone west of that is safe...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center