rickonboat
(Weather Hobbyist)
Mon Sep 13 2004 08:42 PM
anyone wanna know what 160 mph wind feels like?

Driving back from Nashville, I stuck my arm out at 90 MPH...and tried to hold it...no problem...but it was really something...then I thought about what 160 might be like...woulda tore my arm OFF...

In answer to LI Phil's question..if it goes east, I will not worry much...the marina and my boat can handle cat 1-2 storms. However...

from mid cat 3 and above, the exponential energy and devastation makes the prudent person bid a farewell, and leave.

I would stay in a well built house during a 3...but anything greater than that is a real test of your nerves....plus..I haven't experienced any hurricane past a strong 3...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center