MrSpock
(Storm Tracker)
Mon Sep 13 2004 09:34 PM
Re: Barometric pressure to 910

dd, there is an upper level low which is not easily visible on most sat pics or surface maps that is directly responsible for shifting the track from the wnw to nnw. That low is moving away slowly, and as it does, will gradually lose its influence on Ivan, therefore, it should start to move NW again instead of NNW. There is another one coming though, and this SHOULD cause even more of a turn to the right. Also, in the Gulf, the upper level winds are from the west or southwest, so as it gains latitude, that will also bend its track back. That will also create some shear-stronger winds in a direction that can hurt the convection's organization, and that is why they expect it to weaken a little. As for forecasting where it should land, I don't want to do it, because I am afraid too much credence might be given to an amateur's view, and I don't want to scare anyone. If this were landfalling in another part of the country, maybe I'd be a little less reluctant to do so.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center