Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Tue Sep 14 2004 12:36 AM
Re: Sustaining Cat 5?

Yeah, I some what agree on the WNW wobble/jog... what, the NHC said he should begin a more northwesterly track in the 5 pm advisory..

IVAN IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTH-NORTHWEST NEAR 9 MPH...15 KM/HR. HOWEVER... A NORTHWESTWARD MOTION IS EXPECTED TO RESUME LATER TONIGHT OR EARLY TUESDAY MORNING

Looks like later tonight might be now... obviously we need some more time and pixs to confirm... might be just a temporary jog as he's confirmed a dislike for land since Grenada... for the record my concern is longitude 89, if Ivan can't reach 89 degrees longitude then I feel the BIloxi area should be relatively OK, provided the NNE to NE turn as he approaches landfall plays out... time will tell

hmmmm, next pix, back to the north....

Jason, you have our prayers.... heck, my wife has a direct line to the Lord she's so religious.....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center