Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Tue Sep 14 2004 01:58 AM
Re: Rule & Jason

Roughly the same, yes...but I bet you your met degree that it will change by 11pm...to the right. I trust the mets here and they did a whopper of a job with Bonnie, Charley, Frances.....mind you, I'm not calling for TB to get hit. I just think that we'll see a gradual shift to the right over the next 24-36 hours that will put W.C. Florida back into the cone again, and we'll get worse weather than has been forecasted for the last 2 days.

I'll eat crow for a week if I'm wrong on this, but I'm not afraid to give my (met degree or not) prediction on a landfall. I'm going to say anywhere between Pensacola and Suwannee in 3 days. I think Ivan's going to get caught up in the ridge/trough/low whatever it is that's coming down, and depending on how far north Ivan is able to get before that happens will determine the area of landfall. With a storm this big, landfall could be considered anywhere 50.5 miles east and 50.5 miles west of the center, given the fact that the hurricane force winds extend out 105? miles or so. I think everyone from N.O. to Tampa Bay is going to feel an effect from Ivan.

How can they wait for ALL the models to get in? We'd never get a track. Most of them only run twice a day. The UKMET and the CMC have already shifted right. Who knows what the FSU SuperSecret Ensemble will have done by then.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center