Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Tue Sep 14 2004 03:11 AM
Re: Repost on new ETA

Still laughing all over the web about people steering the storm "their way". What a bunch of nuts. For those who can't separate themselves from a forecast track, they really don't need to be posting. I know it's human nature, but it's about the most annoying thing on the net. It's not as bad on CFHC as it is in other places, but it still shows up from time to time.

I broke rank and disagreed with Mike, Ed and Jason last night. I disagree with Ortt's updated forecast. I think the Hurricane Center's 11pm track is the closest to what's to come so far. Bob Breck of WVUE Fox-8 New Orleans is disputing about everything that the amateurs are posting out there. He says that anticipated wind sheer is shaping up to be far less than anticipated. He noted a ridge building in from FL and how the timing of it and the Pacific trof are key. And his associate met plotted a bunch of Gulf water temps. Fox 8 does not agree with the weakening trend for the reasons given by the NHC but do agree with a slight weakening, though that trend hasn't yet begun.

As for New Orleans, Ace was out of flashlights so I had to go to K-Mart. Cigs are stocked as is the beer. The wife and kids are blowing town to Memphis, TN tomorrow along with both of my sisters, their kids and my dad. It's going to be me and my 5 month old boxer, Chelsea, babysitting two rabbits for a neighbor and checking on my little brother's cats. Who nominated me?

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center