GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Tue Sep 14 2004 06:22 AM
Re: Musings at 1:45AM

At the risk of sounding crazy, I have been looking at water vapor loops tonight and the pictures I am looking at unless they are way hours old, tell the story. The hurricane is going to go where the moisture is available. It will not break out over into the dry areas shown on the loops. That places the cane due north into the area between Tallahassee and Appalachicola. The storm is going to wobble back and forth positioning itself I believe off the western Central Gulf and Peninsula of Florida, but the moisture is due north of the cane and not to the west as of the pix I am seeing. I do not see any more moisture folding in anytime soon either. The westerly flow towards the east is obvious and I think that when they have new pix to show (probably after the eclipse) we will see more of the story. I don't say this lightly as I have family in this direction, but, the only other solution I see would be for the cane to spin down to an annoyance to spare the Tallahassee/Georgia/Jacksonville/Carolinas area or worse yet get back into the Atlantc and then raise some more Cane!!! Take this with a grain of salt. This weather approaching from the south is making my bones ache and keeping me awake I have to be at work later today no matter whether I got any sleep or not.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center