LI Phil
(User)
Tue Sep 14 2004 07:38 PM
Re: explanation of ivan's movement and listen phil

>>> Phil.. relax. You are giving good advice but I'm beginning to get worried about you. Picture you sitting up at 3am beginning people on IMs to please get out of Dodge .. And, you are right on most of what you said but people don't listen and they have their own strange priorities and reasoning.

Fair point bobbi, but I'm not just wavemongering or wishcasting...I am basing my warnings on what the NHC and other professional mets around the net are saying...this is not a whimsical "CAT V Mobile Bay" with an Invest...

I'm glad you and others made it through Andrew.

But I can see the damage and destruction Ivan has already wrought...death total alone 60+ and I'll bet it's aready much higher...we just don't know yet.

I'm NOT trying to scare anyone needlessly (others will take care of that). I'm trying to say if a CAT IV if forecast to come your way in less than 48 hours...you might consider getting out of it's way...das all.

I'll tone it down, but I'd rather scare 100 people needlessly than have one person be injured or killed because they didn't take the threat seriously.

Any mets want to agree/disagree with me? I'll gladly take my lumps if you think I'm overreacting.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center