Justin in Miami
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Sep 15 2004 01:25 AM
Odds and Ends

MBFLY...I wish you luck...i may have missed this but where are you in relation to storm surge zones/beach areas? If you are not in a storm surge zone then all you have to worry about is wind. I imagine you know what you are doing.

I am sure I am speaking to the choir on this one...but, if this storm is heading for your area...i mean you will get the eye wall....and you have plywood on your windows...you should also have a safe room away from those windows with blankets and maybe a mattress....plywood does not always work and can very easily be sucked off your windows when winds go over 140+ i.e., Hurricane Andrew...see link:

http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/shutters/index2.html

Btw, it is rather gusty here in SE FL tonight...hmm...good luck up there everyone.

"Jeanne, Jeanne, go away, come back another day!!" Clark can't wait for your analysis on this one....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center