Girlnascar
(Weather Watcher)
Wed Sep 15 2004 03:15 AM
Re: Frank P .... decisions ... decisions

To all on here that helped Central Florida through Charley. I began visiting this site when Charley came knocking on my door. This site helped me get through the storm...until I lost power at 9:30 p.m just as "The Eye" passed over my house. I have lived in Florida since 1980 and had never been through a "Cane" before, even having lived in several other choice Cities on the Eastern side of Florida have been lucky enough not to have been in any path until Charley. I wished I had left for Charley but didn't. Charley kicked Central Florida's butt good. I don't care that it only took 3 hrs to get the eye through here, it was the most terrifying experience of my life because of the unknowing and the eventual destruction of property and lives, but at the same time exciting in way I am not sure I understand yet. But when Frances creeped up the Coast, I fled for Georgia. Mistake on my part, nothing was left at my home after Charley for Frances to destroy!!! Charley cleared the path for Frances, Ivan and possibly Jeanne. The traffic on I-75 myself and my eleven old endured to get out of here was more life threatening in the short and long runs than the storm was. I will have to say even though Charley was twice as small as the others in size it was like a bomb exploded over this part of Florida. I can't imagine the situation where you are, but nonetheless can feel your pain, and maybe possibly the excitement of the approaching Ivan. Whatever you decide to go or leave just remember it was your decision and you and your loved ones if any will have to live with the consequences before and after it hits. Take care. Thanks. I just registered today by the way. For whatever its worth.!!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center