bsnyder
(Verified CFHC User)
Wed Sep 15 2004 04:26 AM
A question about the weather inland

Sitting here in Tampa, thankful that Ivan has decided not to pay us a visit, and praying for the folks in the northern Gulf coast states....be safe, please!!!

And now I'm worrying about Ivan's inland track and what the weather will likely be like on Saturday/Sunday. My parents are suppose to fly into Atlanta-Hartsfield on Saturday, from Germany, and drive to their home in the western NC mountains. On the current track, is it possible their flight will get diverted, or that the Atlanta airport will close?

Sure looks like those are possibilities, and that if they do make it into Atlanta that they should head south, to Tampa, rather than north into what could be some really nasty weather on Saturday evening and Sunday.

Any thoughts? I'm hoping they'll call sometime before Saturday so I can advise them. They probably have no idea right now that there's a hurricane.
the storm will have weakened below tropical storm strength by saturday. it will be raining itself out over the southern appalachians at the time.. so your folks will be contending with flood-type effects if anything. hartsfield may have delays due to inclement weather, but i don't think it will close down. -HF

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center