MrSpock
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Sep 15 2004 04:26 AM
Please read this-it may be long, but I hope worth it.

First, LI Phil has done a great job in here, and is understandably exhausted. He has pleaded for everyone to go to safer areas a lot, but asked me to post on the seriousness of this.

The new models are in, and it looks like there is little track change, and the 6z are run off of the 0z.
This may go a shade west of Mobile Bay, but the exact location may matter little. 500 miles wide of land will see tropical storm force winds, just on the coast, 210 miles hurricane force winds. Storm surge will be incredible. 10" of rain or more is likely in spots, as well as tornadoes in the right side. Inland areas will be hard-hit as well, as it will remain a hurricane for quite a while.
The dillemma of this post is, if I scare people, and they come through unscathed, I'll be an alarmist, if I don't and something happens, that would be a tragedy. I would rather people anywhere near the threat area, and even those inland, to play it as cautious as possible, because you can put a value on a house, but not a human life.

All of us in here are concerned, and scared for those in the path. We have seen the pictures of Camille, the video from Grenada, Jamaica, and the Cayman Islands.
Everyone should rely on their LOCAL officials for the proper action to take, I can''t tell anyone what that proper action is. Whatever happens, PLEASE don't go out in it, don't try to cross flooded roads, and be careful of downed power lines.
If there is any doubt at all, play it safe.
We all "hoped" it would weaken, "wished" it would change, but it is almost here now. The better people to write this would be those who live in Florida.
Again, your local officials know what's best, lean on them.

God Bless all those in Ivan's path, may everyone be safe.
These once in a lifetime events are happening too often, I don't want to see anyone become a statistic.

added note:
Everyone affected, please post when you can, so we know you all are all right. Let's all remember everyone in their prayers, and let's not forget Jason's wife, who is close to delivering.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center