BeachBum
(Weather Watcher)
Wed Sep 15 2004 05:03 AM
Re: Please read this-it may be long, but I hope worth it.

Quote:

This may go a shade west of Mobile Bay, but the exact location may matter little.

In a former life I spent a year in Biloxi (next to the lighthouse) and a year North of Fort Walton Beach. I have made many trips between the 2 on US 90 & 98 and have spent some time along the way.

Using a higher resolution than Skeetobite, I see the current forecast would put the eye over Dauphin Island and Bellingrath Gardens as it heads towards Mobile's west side and the U of S Ala.

While any destruction there will indeed be felt most by the local residents, there are many places that have given pleasure to vistors from far away.

I suppose the best wishcast would be for CAT 1.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center