javlin
(Weather Master)
Wed Sep 15 2004 02:38 AM
Re:Faster Movement N

I bring this up because it happened with Georges here in Biloxi.Now the storm is moving a good strong NNW course and 11mph on the 1:00pm #.The 10:00pm # where actually 9mph it's how the NHC does there avg. O.K.That is fine.I am really beginning to doubt the dropsonde data to some degree.The dropsonde's might be good in the future eventually but right now they seem to stink.Frances was N.C. and N.C. till at 36hrs at her current speed and direction Fl. was to take a hit.Then did the NHC go look at the data and admit a problem.I hope Ivan comes in to my E but I think that it is not going to happen,Slidell to Gulfport.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center