dolphinscry
(Registered User)
Wed Sep 15 2004 11:25 AM
Re: For those who lose power...please read and print

Thoughts and prayers to all.....
Just follow your EOC's advice, use your own common sense and most of all: BE PATIENT!
I definatley learned patience and humility w/ Bonnie, Charley, and Frances.
You will be tested in so many ways, and will also learn so much...about yourself, your neighbors, etc.
Help out others as best you can, and always remember that saftey comes first.
(sorry-- I dont mean to sound as if I am preaching, but I just want to help)
As for lighting suggestions, I also found to be quite cheap and sooo handy, is the solar lighting light fixtures.
Yes, eventually the sun comes out, and when I ran out of batteries, I found them to be better than oil lamps, candles, etc.---We couldnt and still cant get a generator!---
Anyway, you can find them at JcPenney, Eckerd, home improvement centers......If you have sunshine now, "charge" them now, Also, under a strong light works, too.
So, again, good luck and Godspeed to all.
Lori
PS>
If you cant find plywood, the hard plastic they make those roadside signs out of work well on windows...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center