LI Phil
(User)
Wed Sep 15 2004 02:37 PM
9:00 am JB

I don't care if they yank my subscription...here's JB's 9:00:

"I think landfall is near Pascagoula Mississippi around 3 am. The blown out of proportion threat to New Orleans can be blown back into proportion now. The storm that would cause the kind of damage that has been alluded to in New Orleans is one with the track of the 1947 hurricane, which this never had. The monster Betsy in 1965 which had winds to 175 mph when it hit just west of the mouth of the Mississippi ( see weatherwise review, Feb 1966 issue for wind field of storm in southeast Louisiana) damaged the city but did not even result in the kind of mayhem that was being alluded to with Ivan. Camille, which hit 60 northeast of the city did not.

I think this will be the worst hurricane in the history of Mobile Alabama though, worse than Frederick in 1979 and one that will do tremendous damage to the bay area and the barrier islands."

I've been saying this since Monday, but when the other's say it too...

I've been so wrong all season...why did I have to get this one right? God I feel so bad for everyone right now...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center