MrSpock
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Sep 15 2004 10:39 AM
Re: Ivan Strength

Ivan now on 350 heading as per 11 AM discussion. The turn is happening, and, although there is relief that Accuweather was wrong for N.O., that only shifts the devastation east.
I do hope that everyone is out of the path, but if not, don't leave once the storm hits, and even be careful leaving after it seems over. It may not be. Many people have been fooled by the relative calm of the eye.

Another thing I expect after this makes landfall is a very strong convective tail on the right side away from the center. Although I don't know where this will form, it will likely come off of the Gulf, through Fla., and into Ga. Be careful for this, as those convective tails can be quite nasty.

Edit for the accuweather comment:

I don't know that they called for anything west of where it should go, but I remember them saying it would get to 89 or 90 west, which it never did, hence the reason I thought their track was farther west.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center