MrSpock
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Sep 15 2004 04:28 PM
Re: Frank P - riding it out...

ah, the Fuiji-wahra effect. (spelling is probably way off)

I remember some years ago it happened in the Pacific, as one storm tried to rotate around the other. In the Atlantic, I remember Isis being destroyed by the outflow of a close upstream system.
There was another instance in the last 10 years I think there were actually 5 classified systems in the Atlantic at the same time, but all were well-spaced.
As crazy as this year has been, the unusual is becoming the usual.

One note on post-landfall: I hope the forecast of this system stalling does not verify because it will turn into a situation like Allison. Wherever that sits, with the upslope flow, this can be devastating to many areas, in all different ways. The latest GFS does move it a little more, but still keeps it stuck.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center