Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Sep 15 2004 09:17 PM
Re: 4:00 advisory

I sure hope so Phil, looks a real solid north right now with no westerly component... I can live with 88.3.... looks awesome on IR.... and any shift to the east as forecasted will only help out...just talked to my brother in Mobile, they're getting some good gusts... its still quite in Biloxi, tides about 3 feet above normal but surf is cool, something we don't have around here..

Yeah 110 mph is tough, but I've experience 170 plus with Camille, at least 120 to 125 with Elena, 90 to 100 with Georges... and there is NO comparison for me with north winds vs south winds.... .... I'll take that 100-110 north wind all night long as opposed to what poor Mobile will be getting...

I'll post as long as I can, with updates from my brother in Mobile....

fp

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center