Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Sep 15 2004 09:48 PM
Re: the good news...

MM, my best take on all this, not good for Pascagoula, but believe it or not it could be worse, especially if it wobbles a little to the west on landfall... got to hope for a little more drift to the east but I'm not sure if that is going to come.... as it stands right now they should get the full brunt of both the north and south eye walls, bad, bad, bad, but NOT dreaded east quad with the 16 foot storm surge....... still extremely bad... I can't sugar coat this... this is the only storm in my life that I seriously considered evacuating.... my a car is still packed in case something strange happens.... ... tree damage will be unbelievable.... I not sure how the surge will be in goula, but it should not be as bad as what the east quad will get... best guess, 6-10 feet max... still bad...

the strip of commerical activity on the west side of Mobile near the USS Alabama Battleship area will not be there after tonight.. this area will see catastrophic damage.... and worse than Fredrick..

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center